Bovine colostrum has a long history as a nutritional supplement, particularly with the Indian Ayurvedic tradition. Interest in colostrum as a nutritional supplement or treatment for medical conditions has increased over the last few decades. Colostrum boosts and balances the immune system.
It is not a cure all or a magic bullet, but it is a great, natural, holistic superfood to keep in your dog's medicine cabinet to help when your dog is not doing great.
We have sourced DIRECTLY from New Zealand:
- free of rBST and free of GMO
- pure and undiluted
- IgG content regularly tested at 22-27%
- First Milking – collected within 24 hours of birth. Calves' needs are met first.
- Only produced during a single three-month period every year
For our dogs who have allergic reactions such as itchy skin, hot spots, scooting, irritated ears, itchy feet and breathing difficulties, Colostrum has been know to help exert anti-inflammatory actions to reduce those symptoms.
And, amazingly colostrum supplementation has helped in healing problems such as degenerative arthritis and hip dysplasia in our dogs.
- Increased mobility
- Increased energy
- Increased strength and stamina
- Improved recovery from training and injury
- Decreased opportunistic infection
- Increased fat metabolism
- Increased lean muscle mass
- For senior dogs – helps them shed excess weight, reduce joint pain and restore energy
- Can be made into a paste to any skin problem such as hot spots, abscesses, wounds, and surgical incisions.
Bovine colostrum is the only form of colostrum that is not species specific. In other words, it can significantly benefit all mammals, including our dogs of course. Because calves are born without any immunity to airborne, disease-causing organisms, their mother’s colostrum must contain a very large amount of immune and health factors, making it the richest source of Colostrum available. Colostrum is packed full of nutrients and bioactive components that provide immune protection for dogs. It contains nutritional components such as proteins, fat, vitamins, minerals and more complex compounds such as transfer factors, lactoferrin, growth factors, and antibodies or immunoglobulins. These components play an important role in regulating the immune functions of our dogs. Both for hypo-functioning immune systems that are susceptible to infection and for hyper-functioning immune systems that are prone to inflammation and allergic reactions.