We only use the best whole food real ingredients we can find in our real food treats. Our cookies are gestures of love you share with your dog, so we make sure they are healthy!
Dr. Richard Pitcairn believes that oats are a good choice of grain for your pet which is also tolerated by the most number of dogs and due to it's acidity and the least likely to cause an allergic reaction.
Did you know oats have more protein per calorie than any other grain? And that they contain healthy amounts of: Fibre, Selenium, B vitamins, Iron, Phosphorous, Manganese and Calcium. They benefit several body organs and systems including the skin, nervous system, stomach, spleen, lungs, and urinary.
Here are some additional benefits of oats:
- Oats act as a digestive aid to calm the intestinal tract.
- Oats have a calming effect on the nervous system and are a good addition to the diet of anxious dogs.
- Oats are a more warming grain that helps strengthen the spleen, pancreas and immune systems as well as the heart.
- Oats contains the anti-tumour compound b-sitosterol.
- Oats are rich in silicon, and help to make bones strong.
North Hound Life only uses 100% Canadian oat flour from Saskatchewan in our real food cookies.